Thursday, February 28, 2013

I've Adopted a Cardinal!


The German Youth 2000 site (Jugend 2000) has an imaginative project to encourage prayer for the new Pope: Adopt a Cardinal. Mine is HE Anthony Olubumni Okogie, the Archbishop emeritus of Lagos, Nigeria.
By adopting a Cardinal I commit myself to praying for him each day in whatever way I choose from now until three days after the election of the new Pope. I am pleased to start doing this now as the Cardinals will begin their Congregations tomorrow - the time when all of them, electors or not, will begin discussing the qualities they believe a successor to our beloved Benedict XVI will need.
At the time of writing 126432 people have adopted a Cardinal. How many will it be when you adopt a Cardinal by going to the website here?

2 comments:

marzena said...

Brilliant idea!I adopted too and so did my husband. By spiritually supporting our cardinals we wish to express our love for Christ's Church.

marzena said...

Brilliant idea! I adopted and so did my husband.