Sunday, October 30, 2011

An Unexpected Discovery

Moscow by Southwark Vocations


In September this year I visited Glasgow for the first time. I was quite keen to go as I have a number of parishioners from the city or thereabouts and I had heard a lot about it. For a long time Glasgow was synonymous with social deprivation but a lot has happened recently to improve things. In fact I suspect the reputation was never really fair as there are parts of the City that would certainly rival London in terms of large houses and well-heeled population. The centre is also elegant with many fine buildings although sadly some of them are still run down. 
I was in Glasgow for a sort of in-service course for priests and one day took a ride out into the countryside where I found a place I hadn't expected to discover in Britain!

No comments: