Saturday, July 18, 2009

Catholicbiketrip.com

A text from Dom & Phil this morning as I was vesting reminded me to pray for our intrepid cyclists as I celebrated Holy Mass in honour of Our Lady. Readers of this blog will be aware that these two young lads are cycling from Rome to Walsingham via Medjugorje. This morning's text was to say that they had just landed in Ancora and also to alert me to the fact that they've updated their blog. Do go over to the blog to have a look at what they've been getting up to. Apart from the thrill of the adventure, Dominic and Phil are hoping to raise £2,000 towards the cost of the Youth 2000 retreat for young adults that will take place in Walsingham at the end of August. There's a donate button on the sidebar of their blog and I noticed that they've raised just under £1,500 so far. All money raised goes towards the retreat (they've already paid for the trip out of their own funds) so do please donate something if you can.
I think I'll mention it on Twitter to see if that generates a bit extra for them!

No comments: