Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Vocations Day with the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary


On Saturday I drove over to Putney to spend some time with the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary who were hosting a vocations day for women. It gave me a chance to visit the fine parish church which I hadn't seen before. I was also able to drop in briefly on Canon Richard Quinlan who spent some years as assistant priest in my present parish (under my predecessor). Canon Quinlan very kindly lent me a set of vestments so that I could celebrate Mass for the group in the Convent chapel.
Five girls joined us for the day which began with a reflection on the scriptural theme "I am the potter, you are the clay". After Mass we had a light lunch together after which I had to leave while the participants had a chance to chat with the sisters individually before a period of Adoration in the afternoon.

No comments: