Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Social Project



Each year our parish supports students from Netherhall House in their fund-raising efforts for them to spend the summer in a social project somewhere in the third world. Over the years I've got to know many of the students who have gone including, of course, some from my own parish. It has always had a tremendous impact on their lives. They have dug latrines, built orphanages and offered basic medical care. Last year they built a school. I didn't realise there was a video of last year's project on Youtube but, having discovered it, I'm pleased to post it here.
I'm also pleased that some of the students have gone on these trips in the past are now hoping to be ordained priests one day.

1 comment:

lukedp2000 said...

Let's pray for the success of this year's project!