Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rover's Return


Last week I was away from the parish for a few days break after Easter. I went first to the parish of Our Lady & St Christopher in Bredbury and Romiley where a friend has recently taken over as parish priest. Fr Philip Egan is the author of "Philosophy & Catholic Theology - A Primer". It was good to spend a few days with him on the edge of the Peak District.
After that I drove down the West coast of Wales to Cardigan and spent some time at Our Lady of the Taper, the National Shrine. I was able to enjoy the beauty of the Welsh countryside and also catch up with some friends. On Friday I drove to Newport to have lunch with a family and then into Cardiff to be present for the start of the Refresh Cardiff Retreat. I was there for the opening Mass celebrated by Archbishop Peter Smith and for part of the first evening's programme. Sadly I couldn't stay for the whole event because I had to get back for a wedding on Saturday morning.
It was good to get away for a few days.

No comments: