Thursday, April 16, 2009

Snakes on a Plane


When I was visiting my brother, Dominic & his family, in Australia after World Youth Day he told me that they often found poisonous snakes basking in the sun on the lawn of their house, overlooking the water. I went with his family for a few days further north to the place where Captain Cook landed. The beach there had notices warning of Stone Fish. On the way back we found an enormous spider in the car. Great!
A couple of years ago a priest friend and I watched the film 'Snakes on a Plane'. It was very funny but not something you'd want to come true. So I can't resist an item from the news today - hey Dom - it's happened. Four pythons escaped on a flight from Melbourne. Good job they weren't poisonous...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh nasty, horrible stuff of nightmares!

Fr Stephen said...

Yes. Remind me not to fly on that plane!

pontesisto said...

A friend and I were "chilling" one Friday night after a game of rugby. He asked me what was on T.V.? I replied, "Snakes on a Plane". He said, "What's that about?". How do you reply to that!?!

Fr Stephen said...

Tell him it's about the famous travel writer Leonard Sneykes and his trip along the mississippi in a glider!