Friday, December 19, 2008

Where I will be tomorrow...


Aficionados of Facebook may have seen an event entitled "Pilgrimage to Ars and Paray le Monial". Fr Julian Greene, Fr Richard Aladics and I are heading off to France tomorrow for another vocations group pilgrimage. I have to admit that when it was first suggested - way back in August - the prospect of being away from the parish just before christmas didn't seem too daunting. Now I'm not so sure! Be that as it may, tomorrow a group of thirteen of us will be catching an Easy Jet flight to Lyon and then taking three cars to the town where St Jean Marie Vianney was parish priest for so many years.
We will be staying at the international seminary. I am sure it will be good for the ten lads with us to meet the seminarians there. The plan is also to visit Paray le Monial. It will be my first visit to Ars and I am looking forward to it. Over the years I've occasionally had visitors from the seminary and l've always enjoyed their company. It will be good to see it for myself.
Please say a prayer for the pilgrims - and also that there are no delays when we fly back the day before Christmas Eve!

No comments: