Monday, December 08, 2008

Vocations Retreat for Women?


Yesterday Sr Jacinthe OP gave her third in a series of three talks on the Theology of the Body. I was only able to be there for the end of it but what I heard was excellent. Sr Jacinthe was talking to our young adults group which meets after the Sunday evening Mass.

Because it is a long way for her to get back to her Convent she stays overnight with our parish sister. We were able to have a quick chat this morning before getting a lift to the station and one of the things that came up was the possibility of holding a Vocations Retreat for women. I already do an annual retreat for men and I know it has helped a number of them discern their vocation. Something similar for women might also be helpful and I hope Sister might find an available weekend at her Convent in the New Forest. Another possibility might be to join the Benedictine nuns at Minster but I don't know anyone there.

However, there's no point organising anything unless there is going to be some take up. I would have thought we need a good dozen women to make it a viable proposition. Do any reader of this blog know of any takers?

1 comment:

Jackie Parkes said...

Probably my eldest daughter Jenny...4th year med student discerning a vocation...