Monday, November 17, 2008

Blog Blackout


There will probably be a bit of a blackout this week. Tomorrow morning I fly out to Madrid where I'll pick up a car to drive up to Valladolid. Unfortunately Ryan Air have stopped their daily flights so I have to take a bit of a circuitous route to get to the English College in Spain.

As vocations director I try to visit our students abroad at least once each year. It is good to let them know that they haven't been forgotten!

In fact I've found these visits to the College very useful. Sometimes a student can feel a bit left out or even homesick. By now the novelty of the year is beginning to wear off and Valladolid isn't the world's largest metropolis! So I think it can be good for the seminarians to meet someone they know from Blighty. This year we happen only to have one student in Spain but I'm also looking forward to catching up with some of the men I know from other dioceses.

I'll have my Macbook with me but I don't know how easy it will be to get internet access so the blackout might well last until the weekend.

No comments: