Monday, October 06, 2008

On Retreat


Each year I get away from the parish and all my other activities to make my annual retreat. It's a time to withdraw and spend time with the Lord in order to take stock, renew my interior life and prepare myself for the following year with some concrete resolutions. I always look forward to the annual Retreat and my monthly Day of Recollection. Without them we could get so taken up in the work of the Lord that we forget the Lord of the work.

This aeyr I am attending the priests' retreat which will take place at Thornycroft Hall near Macclesfield. It begins this afternoon and ends on Friday so there won't be any blogging this week. Spiritual activities at Thornycroft Hall are looked after by priests of Opus Dei. There is a whole programme of such activities for men and women throughout the year and its certainly worth checking the website to see if anything suits you.

Please say a prayer for me. I will be praying for you.

2 comments:

Jackie Parkes said...

Certainly will pray for you Fr..please remember us in your prayers.

Jackie Parkes said...

What a beautiful Monstrance & Our Blessed Lord..