Thursday, March 01, 2007

St Andrew's

Yesterday I celebrated the 6.45am Mass and then got things together for my trip to St. Andrew's. Before leaving I had a telephone call from the husband of our parish youth minister to say that their first child had just been born. In this parish we get lots of experience of babies being born but I'd yet to hear of one coming on his due date so, since their house was on the way to the station, I called in to check for myself!


Here's the proud father with Benedict. He'll either be a stickler for punctuality or never on time again!

I flew from Gatwick to Edinburgh coincidentallymeeting a friend as we boarded. From Edinburgh I took the train to Leuchars where I was met by Jamie, the president of the Catholic Society and Chris, from Boston, who kindly gave me a lift into town in his car.

The chaplain of the catholic Society is also the parish priest. He was away attending the deanery Lenten Station Mass so I was asked to celebrate the Wednesday evening 7.30pm Mass in the chaplaincy. It was good to see the chapel, which can take fifty people, pretty well full. There were people from the parish there but I'd say that the majority of those present were students.


After Mass we had the meeting of the Canmore Society. The topic for the talk was: "Where have all the vocations gone and what can we do to get them back?" After the talk there were questions and then the chance for a quick cup of tea before we retired to a local watering house for something more refreshing.





No comments: