Thursday, March 08, 2007

RIP? It can't be true...

Who said "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about"? For a Blogger the worst possible disaster is not having any readers. So imagine my shock at seeing the site meter register that we've had no readers at all since yesterday afternoon - and it's now today... night! Since we've been hitting an average of 85 a day recently what's put everyone off? Is it just that posting has been a bit slow over the last few days as I've caught up on other tasks?
So I decided to test Sitemeter by logging on via a different route. That way it should register at least one visitor even if it chose to ignore my own visit.
But that didn't work either. Sitemeterwise this Blog appears to be deceased. Dead. No more. Cut off from the life-blood of regular visitors... Except that we know it's alive and still thriving.
So I'm left wondering what has happened. What unusual activity has there been? Well yesterday, following a link from the Hermeneutic of Continuity I checked to see whether or not we were blocked in China - we've had visitors from China in the past (and even an enquirer!). The screen did something odd, it blinked but then came back the welcome message that we are not blocked by the Great Firewall of China. However since then... Sitemeter registers us as defunct. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Father, here you can test. This visit is registered?

Fr Stephen said...

Hello Anonymous
Thank you for that. No your visit didn't register. I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms!

Anonymous said...

I'm here too. I visit often.

Anonymous said...

Your site meter must have broken, people must be visiting but just not registering. Maybe they will all leave comments to reassure you of their presence instead!

James said...

I'm here! Hope you sort out the problems Fr.

Fr Stephen said...

I've sent an email to Sitemeter. They have a comment up saying that they are trying to fix one of their meters and that information isn't being lost. But it's not s25, the meter that records this Blog.
I hope they get it sorted soon. I love statistics :o)

Sharon said...

I visit this blog every day.