Saturday, January 06, 2007

Discovering Priesthood Days

Each year Southwarkvocations offers a number of activities for young people under 18 years of age to discover more about the life and work of a priest. In particular we hold a termly get-together which we call a 'Discovering Priesthood Day'. The event is usually hosted or attended by one of our bishops and a number of priests are also on hand to help look after the activities.
This year there will be three 'Discovering Priesthood Days'. They will take place on the following Saturdays:

10th February - at the Holy Ghost

23rd June - venue to be confirmed

29th September - at the Hermitage, West Malling.

For more information about our Discovering Priesthood Days, to book a place as an individual or as a group, please email us by clicking this link. If you are between 14 & 18 years of age and would like to know more about priesthood we encourage you to get in touch.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I'd like it if dioceses ran these for people over 18 too. I'm sure there are plenty people who don't necessarily want to go on a discernment retreat yet, but would really like you ask the "yes, but what do you do?" questions.

Fr Stephen said...

Hi Mark
That's a good point. I suppose the Seekers' Meetings are our staple food for the over 18s at present. I'll give it some thought.
God bless
Fr Stephen

Mark said...

Oh, don't mind me--I'm probably barking up the wrong tree. But it did occur to me as an Anglican priest once forcefully asked me "yes, but just what do you think we do on Tuesdays!?".