Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bungee Jumping

Thursday is generally my day off so I thought it would be good to do something interesting today. One possibility was to go bungee jumping. It wasn't the best weather for it - 80 mile an hour winds seem to have brought down quite a few trees in this area. But I reckoned that, since there are no cliff edges in London, the cranes they use would be pretty securely anchored to the ground.

If you're going to go bungee jumping in a hurricane it's always a good idea to telephone before hand. After all, it would be a shame to get to the venue and find there was no lift. I reckoned that without a lift to the top I'd have expired about a third of the way up. Anyway, here's a photo of me launching myself off a five hundred foot tower attached to an elastic band:





... or perhaps it's one of a complete stranger I downloaded from the internet earlier. The truth is that you wouldn't get me to the top of that tower even if you offered a complete refurbishment of the seminary! Jump off the edge? Are you mad? I'd rather take my chances in a pen of poisonous snakes. There are some things in this life that are just too scary to contemplate. And for me bungee jumping is one of them!


Compared to that applying to the seminary is a cinch. So go on get in touch!

No comments: