Sunday, October 15, 2006

Golden Jubilee Mass


As part of my summer holiday I try to attend an 'in-service training' course for priests. Usually I get to one in Spain. This year we had classes on Deus Caritas Est and bioethics. There were about forty of us on the course and as usual I had a great time. It is good to be in the company of so many priests of all ages and from different parts of the world.
This year a number of those present happened to be Golden Jubilarians and so, to celebrate their fifty years of faithful ministry, we had a special concelebrated Mass of thanksgiving.
I don't like posting pictures of myself but the beady eyed among you may spot me as sixth from the left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Church. It looks new. Can they really be building churches like that nowadays?

Fr Stephen said...

Hello Anonymous
Thanks for the comment. Yes it is still possible to build beautiful Churches! This one was built in 1975. It is the Church of the shrine of Our Lady of Torreciudad in northern Spain.