Monday, August 28, 2006

Time for a Holiday...


The time has come for me to pack my bags and get ready to leave the parish for a few weeks. I am taking a late holiday this year as, with so many things happening, it wasn't possible for me to get away in July or August. Now, however, my assistant priest is back and I am free to get away leaving the parish in his capable hands.
I usually spend my holidays visiting priest friends, often in Spain. The advantage is that in addition to good weather, good food and great company, I don't have any problems finding a place to celebrate Mass each day, or a Tabernacle for daily prayer. In the summer we get a month off so I also try to spend about ten days on a sort of in-service training course for priests in Spain. I call it 'fun & formation' - we look at some topic of theology and study any recent documents of the Magisterium. There is plenty of time for sports and relaxation and it's great to learn from the company of other priests.
I don't know when I'll next have access to the internet and so if there are any posts over the next few weeks they are going to be sporadic. I come back to England on the evening of Monday 25th September and look forward to catching up then.
In the meantime, please be assured of my prayers.

7 comments:

Fulgencio Espa said...

we're waitting for you, Fr. Stephen. I hope you'll be o.k. in Spain. See you soon.

MedicodelaPaz said...

It will be very hard for us your Spanish readers not to have your comments here in the web...

Tom L said...

Perhaps you can visit some of your proteges in Valladolid if you have a spare day.

Our meeting with the rector was wonderful and left us all counting the days before our flight to Madrid ... now I just have to learn some spanish!

1dayin7 said...

Can you blog something about Deus Caritas Est when you come back?

Fr Stephen said...

Medicodelapaz
I was hoping to meet you. Where were you hiding?

Fr Stephen said...

Thanks for the message Tom
I'm sure you will all have a great time in Spain. I didn't have a chance to get to Valladolid but hope to call out some time during the year. Meanwhile keep praying for our work here in the diocese.

Fr Stephen said...

1dayin7
Part of the Convivencia I attended was on Deus Caritas Est (6 classes!). I hadn't thought of blogging about it because my head was filled with other ideas but I'll think again. Watch this blog! Have you thought about becoming a priest?