Thursday, August 17, 2006

Feeding the Mind

H/T to The Ox Files for this amusing warning sign (there are plenty more on his Blog!). It is a useful reminder of the need to put some effort into studying the faith. After all, Our Lord does say that we are to worship God 'with our whole mind'. I recommend the Maryvale Pre-Seminary Course, which is also sometimes called the Course for Religious. It is a home-study course covering the Catechism of the Catholic Church in six modules. Spending about twenty minutes a day you can easily complete the course within a year. I have anumber of copies that I can make available to anyone thinking of applying for the priesthood in Southwark. You can contact me by email at Southwark Vocations. Another excellent course that I'm happy to promote has just been published by the Catholic Truth Society. It is called Evangelium and covers the Catechism in twenty-five lessons. Evangelium is written by Fr Marcus Holden and Fr Andrew Pinsent. Since Fr Marcus is my curate - I can vouchsafe that it will be a sound course. If you are involved in parish catechesis (Confirmation classes, RCIA, adult education, or the like) I recommend the course to you. There is a Presenter's Guide that explains what to do in each class and a handbook for participants. Gicen that many young priests are technophiles, I am sure the course will be a best seller - because there's also a CD with a customised Powerpoint Presentation for each class :-)

No comments: