Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Family: Fruitful fount of vocation

A comment from Spain on a previous post suggested that the first place to look for vocations is the family. That got me thinking.
The family is the domestic Church. Parents are the primary educators of their children. It is within the family that the faith is passed on to us, that we learn our first prayers, and that we are schooled in virtue. But I haven't heard of any vocations promotion directed specifically at families.
A quick glance at the information provided by 'site meter' reveals that this blog is read all over the world - so a challenge to our readers. Do you know of any family based vocations promotion? I'd love to hear if you do. Let me know by clicking on the 'comment' link below.

1 comment:

Fr PF said...

I remember seeing a poster about 25 years ago which said "Vocations grow in Families", but I haven't seen anything recently.