Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another Welcome Visitor

Today the 9.30am Mass was celebrated by Mgr Hugh McManus who is visiting his cousin in our parish. Mgr Hugh is a parish priest in New York and also teaches homiletics (preaching!) at the seminary in Dunwoody. Although it's a busy morning in the Confessional, I'm nevertheless keen to hear his homily. He begins by saying that he was kept awake until 2am this morning by a raucous party in a room opposite his bedroom. Parishioners don't cotton on to the fact that he's talking about a different house - and isn't even living in the presbytery - so after Mass I'm quizzed by parishioners about my late night parties! I miss the rest of the sermon because of the queue of penitents waiting to be shriven, but after Mass a number of parishioners comment on how inspiring it was. The seminarians of Dunwoody are clearly in good hands. If any of them read this blog I'm sure they'll let us know.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I have noticed that photos of me on this blog are never flattering - perhaps it will help me learn to control my giggling.

Tom L said...

Why on earth would you want to do that, Kurt! Happy Birthday, why weren't we told in advance?